- Material needed – board and marker
- Age/Proficiency level - any
- Objective - To practice any grammar point, vocabulary (synonyms, opposites, definitions), verb tenses, irregular/regular verbs, etc.
- Divide the class into two groups, O and X.
- Draw a grid like this on the board.
You can either place slips on the grid or have a list of items corresponding to the numbers in it. Let’s say you are practicing irregular pasts. You would have a list of 9 irregular verbs and students would give you the past participle of the verb corresponding to the number they had chosen. This is more practical because you don’t need to write big slips of paper.
- Have groups take turns choosing a number. If they can complete the task correctly, put their symbol on the grid. The group that finishes one line first wins.